All the guidelines, instructions, requirements, and forms for individuals seeking to become ordained in the Presbyterian Church (USA), from the application to begin the process through accepting a call.
Application to Enroll as an Inquirer
Advance to Candidacy
Personal Information Form (PIF) Instructions
Scholarships & Student Aid Funds
Application to the CPM Process/Enrollment as an Inquirer
- Form 1A: Application to be Enrolled by Presbytery as an Inquirer
- Form 1B: Questions for Reflection
- Form 1C: Financial Planning for Theological Education
- Form 1D: Session Evaluation & Recommendation
- Form 2B: Covenant Agreement & Inquirer Release
Applicants should contact their Session and Presbytery to make sure the forms have been forwarded (paperwork must be received by CPM at least two weeks prior to the CPM meeting the applicant wants to attend). See below for the meeting schedule.
Once Enrolled as an Inquirer you will receive the following to review or submit:
Advance to Candidacy
IMPORTANT NOTE: Completion of ALL five forms listed below are required in the care process of Pittsburgh Presbytery in order to be considered advancement to Candidacy.
- Form 5A: Application to be Enrolled by Presbytery as a Candidate
- Form 5B: Session Evaluation & Recommendation for Candidate
- Form 5D: Covenant Agreement & Candidate Release
- Required Candidacy Questions & Personal Statement of Faith
Inquirers should contact their Session and Presbytery to make sure the forms have been forwarded (all paperwork, including answers to the candidacy questions, must be received by CPM at least two weeks prior to the CPM meeting the applicant wants to attend). Check the meeting schedule for dates.
- Planning Your Commission for Service of Reception as a Candidate
- Reception to Candidacy from the Book of Occasional Services
- Planning Your Commission for Service of Ordination as a Teaching Elder
- Ordination & Installation Service Resources
- Ordination & Installation Service Policies & Guidelines
- Planning the Commission for your Ordination Form (required)
- Service of ORDINATION/INSTALLATION for Pastors & Associate Pastors Called to Installed Positions
- Service of ORDINATION for Candidates Called to Temporary Pastoral Positions or Other Validated Ministries
- Service of ORDINATION & INSTALLATION for Candidates Called to Installed Pastoral Positions
- Book of Occasional Services
- Ordination Examination Handbook
- Ordination Examination Information & Registration (Bible Content & Standard Ordination Examinations)
- Ordination Examination Schedule (Bible Content & Standard Ordination Examinations)
- Bible Content Preparation Resource
- Study Resources for Examinations
- Hints for Taking the Bible Exegesis Examination
NOTE: You must receive permission from CPM to take the Standard Ordination examinations. If you need permission to take any of the ordination examinations, contact your Care Team at least two weeks prior to the next CPM meeting and let them know which exams you would like to take.