Our History & Mission
Pittsburgh Presbytery is a covenant community of Jesus Christ that exists to assist and support the witness of our congregations and members as we actively participate in the mission of the Triune God in the world.
To accomplish this, Pittsburgh Presbytery, through our commissions, staff, and ministry teams:
- Gathers church leaders and connects them for shared ministry and mutual benefit.
- Resources them through grants and collaborative sharing.
- Advises and assists them through challenges and transitions.
- Cultivates an environment that encourages them to innovate and experiment with new forms of ministry.
- Equips and encourages them as they proclaim the good news of Christ in word and deed.