ACT Grants Available
ACT Grants Available
These grants are one-year grants with a maximum of $5,000. Currently, these grants are used to assist congregations seeking to enhance or start a new ministry, program, activity, or process. As the presbytery undertakes a new mission design, the ACT will use the funds to promote cooperative mission and ministry partnerships among churches. Like the mission design, this plan is a work in progress. Money for enhancement grants comes out of the operating budget of Pittsburgh Presbytery.
- Grants are awarded on a one-year basis and on a 5-to-1 ratio up to $5,000. For example, ACT will grant $4 (up to $5,000 maximum) for every $1 raised by the applicant church; if the church raises $1,000 and is approved, ACT will grant $5,000.
- The contributing portion of the congregation may include in-kind support in addition to financial support. Examples of acceptable in-kind support are costs of meals and volunteer hours given by members of the congregation provided in relationship to the proposed project. We encourage congregations to seek support from partners to generate the applicant’s portion.
- Churches are eligible to receive Enhancement Grants for two consecutive years but must reapply annually.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2023
FRIDAY, MARCH 3, 2023
FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2023
FRIDAY, JULY 7, 2023
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2023
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2023
Enhancement Grant applications are accepted and reviewed on a quarterly basis. If approved to receive a grant, funds will be paid within 30 days of approval.
- Completed Enhancement Grant application form
- Session meeting with a liaison of the Administrative Transformation Commission to discuss the grant proposal
- Establishment of an ongoing prayer team
- Completed follow-up report of how the grant was used at the conclusion of the project/initiative
Word version of Enhancement Grant Application for obtaining session approval before submitting online.
Committee meeting dates for 2023
February 1 (rescheduled time)
All meetings are scheduled at 1:00 pm.
Seminary Student Intern Grants
Seminary student interns are granted monthly stipends to work with congregations. This effort is designed to provide hands on ministry training for students, while providing additional resources for congregations, who demonstrate financial need.
-Students do not need to be PCUSA members to apply, but are encouraged to explore the PCUSA in their internships
-PCUSA students are encouraged to be under care of a Presbytery
-Demonstrate financial need
-Demonstrate community and/or church partnerships
- Complete the SSI CHURCH Application
- Complete the SSI STUDENT Funding Form