Next Generation Ministry Team
The Next Generation Ministry Team will embody the dynamic voice of Christ’s Kingdom, connecting Pittsburgh Presbytery’s Next Generation ministries by creating an intentional community through shared experience and steadfast support. We seek to be champions for Next Generation ministries through programs and partnerships that matter.
Next Generation Ministry is a broad term that includes any areas of ministry involving infants – young adults, including traditional categories like youth ministry, children’s ministry, and Christian education. The Next Generation Ministry Team hosts a variety of events throughout the year designed to encourage and equip those called to work with the next generation.
- We’ve sponsored combined services projects
- We’ve sponsored a group to attend the Montreat College Conference
- We’ve hosted quarterly lunches to share in fellowship.
- We’ve hosted The Event, a combined youth group gathering
- We’ve hosted Better Than Average Training, a one-day training event for next-generation volunteers and staff.
- The Event 4.0 – Since 2017, Pittsburgh Presbytery’s Next Generation Ministry Team has sponsored The Event: Because Youth Group is Better Together. For the past three years, a couple of hundred kids and adult leaders have joined together for a night of music, games, teaching, and discussion. Out of an abundance of caution, we’ve moved The Event to a virtual format this year – but all the ingredients are the same. We’ve got games, music (for the first time led by a band comprised entirely of youth), a talk, and small group questions for you to use whenever, wherever, and with whoever you want. We’d love to see any pictures you take of your group taking part in the event and you can use #theeventvirtual to make them easier for people to find.
Ministry Team Members:
- Ellen Allston (Shadyside)
- Rev. Laura Bentley
- Mike Creamer (Sewickley)
- Karen Shumaker (Hampton)
- Rev. Steph Martin
- Rev. Ryan Pixton
- Chad Johnson (Hiland)
- Chair – Ed Sutter (Westminster)
- Staff – Rev. Brian Wallace