Next Generation Ministry Team
The Next Generation Ministry Team will embody the dynamic voice of Christ’s Kingdom, connecting Pittsburgh Presbytery’s Next Generation ministries by creating an intentional community through shared experience and steadfast support. We seek to be champions for Next Generation ministries through programs and partnerships that matter.
Next Generation Ministry is a broad term that includes any areas of ministry involving infants – young adults, including traditional categories like youth ministry, children’s ministry, and Christian education. The Next Generation Ministry Team hosts a variety of events throughout the year designed to encourage and equip those called to work with the next generation.
- We’ve sponsored combined services projects
- We’ve sponsored a group to attend the Montreat College Conference
- We’ve hosted quarterly lunches to share in fellowship.
- We’ve hosted The Event, a combined youth group gathering
- We’ve hosted Better Than Average Training, a one-day training event for next-generation volunteers and staff.
Ministry Team Members:
- Ellen Allston (Shadyside)
- Rev. Laura Bentley
- Mike Creamer (Sewickley)
- Karen Shumaker (Hampton)
- Rev. Steph Martin
- Rev. Ryan Pixton
- Chad Johnson (Hiland)
- Chair – Ed Sutter (Westminster)
- Staff – Rev. Brian Wallace