Presbytery Staff Liaisons – Carla Campbell, Stated Clerk & Congregational Transition Specialist, and Adrien Domske, Administrative Assistant
Co-chairs of the Committee – Rev. Carol Divens Roth (Member at Large), Rev. Jeff Tindall (John McMillan Presbyterian Church)
What We Do
The Executive Committee of Pittsburgh Presbytery is its governing council and corporate board of directors. It is empowered by the Manual of Pittsburgh Presbytery to act on presbytery’s behalf on some matters and to advise presbytery on others, especially those that may be considered controversial or those dealing with finance and budgets. The Executive Committee typically has five scheduled meetings and one overnight retreat each year. Special meetings are scheduled if needed and some items of business may be accomplished by email votes between meetings.
Expectations of Executive Committee (EC) Members
- Understand and support the mission and strategies of Pittsburgh Presbytery, and serve as an advocate for the Presbytery mission among congregations.
- Carefully monitor the presbytery mission support of churches within their branch.
- Attend all EC meetings. There are six regular meetings each year and sometimes special called meetings. The meetings are scheduled from 4:00-7:00 PM on Tuesday evenings. Although we often conclude early, it is important to stay for the whole meeting.
- Participate in the work of a standing committee or special team, as called upon to do so. The standing committees are: Finance and Property, Personnel, and Ecclesiastical. Other special teams are formed from time to time, as needed.
- Attend the annual EC retreat (two days in February/March).
- Develop a working knowledge of the Presbytery Manual.
- EC members serve as the Board of Directors/Trustees of the Pittsburgh Presbytery Corporation.
- Read EC meeting documents thoroughly enough in advance to be prepared to make decisions regarding presbytery’s mission, personnel, properties, and finances.
- Attend meetings of the presbytery and its branches when possible.