Presbyterian Men/Volunteers In Mission
Presbytery Staff Liaison – Rev. Dr. Sheldon W. Sorge, General Minister
What We Do
Presbyterian Men (PM) is the official men’s organization of the Presbyterian Church (USA). This organization boasts a mailing list of over 9,000 members throughout the denomination with chapters on the local, regional and national levels. Presbyterian Men is a lay-led organization who meet annually at their National Gathering. Their primary focus is evangelizing men throughout the Synod. For additional information, contact Eric Harrison by phone (412-221-6797).
Engage Local Congregations
Presbyterian Men in Pittsburgh Presbytery are engaging with local congregations in two areas:
- organizing and using volunteers to assist congregations with their building missions
- encouraging more Presbyterian Men to use their acquired skills, experiences and professional development to the glory of God. This is a huge challenge in our current culture.
Presbyterian Men/Volunteers in Mission
Presbyterian Men Mission Network/ Volunteer In Mission (PMMN/VIM) seek to match volunteer opportunities with your talents and abilities. You are invited to participate in a Presbytery-wide effort to assist other Presbyterian churches which are undergoing various phases of transformation and/or transition.
If you would like to apply for your church to partner with the PMMN/VIM, please fill out this agreement, and we can assist your church your church officers in their stewardship of vitally important building care needs.
In order to clarify mutual expectations, we suggest the following:
- PMMN/VIM will recommend volunteers and resources such as lay organizations, consultants, and contractors. Any subsequent relationships between the church and these parties will be negotiated and approved by the church and those parties as stated in the “Service Provider and Contractor Agreement.”
- PMMN/VIM will not, in the Church-Service Provider relationship, exercise oversight or any form of control over planning, project management, scheduling or financial support.
- The participating church will, prior to assignment of VIM Volunteers, be asked to provide proof of personal liability insurance.